If you live within Calistoga, Cloverdale, Healdsburg, or Petaluma city limits, you MUST license your dog.
State law REQUIRES that all dogs aged 4 months and over must have a current rabies vaccination and be licensed. It is the dog owner’s responsibility to maintain a current license.
Please note: The metal tag your veterinarian provides is NOT a license.
– OR –
1. Complete this form. You can either mail it to us or deliver it to the Petaluma Animal Shelter.
2. Enclose a copy of your dog’s current rabies vaccination certificate.
3. If your dog is spayed or neutered, enclose a copy of the certificate. (Must submit to receive the lower fee.)
4. Enclose a check or money order for $20 (spayed/neutered) or $25 (unneutered).
5. We will send your license tag and receipt in the mail. License fees are due yearly in the month that your dog’s rabies vaccine was given.
|Date Owner Applies for License or Renewal||Date of Rabies Vaccination||License Duration/Dates|
|9/1/2013||4/1/2013||4/1/2013 to 4/1/2014*|
*This example demonstrates that the owner delayed by 5 months applying for a license (or renewal). The license/renewal duration is still a year; however, it will always be based on the date of the rabies vaccination.
The tag we send is permanent. Lost tags can be replaced for $6.00